Fiance Visa UK Financial Requirement & Documents

EEA Permanent Residence & EEA Family Member Residence Card 


You can apply for an EEA family member permit to come to the UK if you are from outside the EEA (the European Economic Area) and the family member or ‘extended’ family member of an EEA or Swiss national (excluding UK nationals). You must be outside the UK to apply for an EEA family permit.

Do Not Forget for the Family Permit Applications you must be outside the UK.

Procedural Course & Fee: An EEA family permit is valid for 6 months. You can leave and enter the UK as many times as you need within that time. It is free of charge, no application fee. But you should make application for A Residence Card once you are in the UK.

Application for a EEA Residence Card: Overview

Procedural Course & Fee: The residence Card will give you a right to reside for 5 Years. The Application Fee is £65. The Form is EEA (FM). The sponsor can also make an application for registration (Registration Certificate) in the same application if not already registered with the Home Office.  You can engage in any work or studies while you are granted 5-year residence permit.

You can make this application if you are a EEA family member or extended family member

Your EEA Sponsor must be in the UK already or be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application; or If they have been in the UK for more than 3 months they must either be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient) or have a permanent right of residence in other words must have been settled in the UK (ILR).

You must be a family member of the EEA Citizen:

  • Spouse or civil partner, or related to them (or their spouse or civil partner) as their child or grandchild under 21 years old, or dependent child or grandchild of any age.
  • dependent parent or grandparent.
  • Family members who are adopted under an adoption order that is recognised in UK law are regarded the same as natural family.

Qualifying under extended EEA family permit or unmarried partner, you must be:

  • a brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew or niece.
  • You must be able to show that you are dependent on the EEA Citizen or are a member of their household, or have a serious health condition and rely on them to care for you.
  • You can also apply as an unmarried partner if you can show that you are in a lasting relationship with the EEA Citizen.

Note: Extended EEA Family member residence card  and unmarried partners are not guaranteed to get a permit. Your individual circumstances will be considered when you make this application.

Documents that needs to be sent:

  • a valid passport, two passport photos for yourself and one for your Sponsor.
  • evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member: a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate or proof that you have lived together for 2 years if unmarried.
  • your family member’s valid passport or national identity card (or a certified copy if you cannot provide the original).
  • Sponsor’s proof of employment that she or he is exercising treaty Rights in the UK: Payslips. P60 and Contract of Employment and letter from the Employer.
  • If your Sponsor is self-employed (for example contracts, invoices or audited accounts with bank statements) and paying tax and National Insurance.
  • If your Sponsor is studying, for example a letter from the school, college or university.
  • Your family member must have full health insurance (comprehensive sickness insurance) if they’re studying or financially independent.
  • Bank Statements to show available fund to maintain yourself and the Sponsor while in the UK.
  • proof of your dependency: if Utility Bills to show that you are living together.
  • Form: EEA (FM).
  • Home office fee: £65.


ATTENTION: There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK. The scheme will open fully by 30 March 2019.

Read more for the deal the UK and European Union is negotiating on Government website.


  1. Derivative right of residence’ – if you are the carer of someone who has the right to be in the UK (the carer’s child) or the child of an EEA national who previously worked in the UK.
  1. Surinder Singh’ application– if you lived in another EEA country with a British family member.
  1. Retained right of residence’ – you have the right to stay in the UK as the family member of an EEA national who has died, left the UK or is no longer your spouse (separated/divorced) or civil partner.